FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renting a car (self-drive) from MDE
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:14 am
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Interesting that there is legal street parking in Medellín. I have parked in certain places there. Anywhere around where I live, you park on the street and you get towed. Thinking of the hotel options in Jardín and Manizales, I cannot imagine where it would be possible to park.

You should definitely do some road trips coolcoil. Have you been to Jardin?
Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I've been on the road a lot lately.

No, I have not been to Jardin. We started off in that direction once. We were in Medellin visiting freinds, and they suggested we all pile in the car and go there. I did not realize that they had no idea how far Jardin was from Medellin (I certainly did not). They thought it was just an hour or so away. We drove for an hour before I saw a sign that said we were 150 km from Jardin. It wasn't the first time I made the mistake of assuming my wife and her friends actually knew where we were going, but I won't make that mistake again, at least for a while.

Though I've lived in Colombia for quite a while now, I really have not seen much of the country. Other than occasional trips to Cali and Santa Marta support local sales for my company, I've not been anywhere but Medellin and Bogota. On top of that, I have to haul the brood to the USA every year or so to show them off to my family. We talk about vacationing inside the country all of the time, but with three small kids, being limited to travel during the high season because of school schedules and building a house we have just never pulled the trigger. Adventure vacations are definitely out until the kids are a bit older, as my wife will not sign up for those so it will have to be just me and one or two of the children.