FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to add MSP?FCO and DTW/MUC for summer
Old Oct 3, 15, 1:32 pm
SEA-Flyer

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a free agent
Originally Posted by jjka View Post
No PDX-CDG??
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
No, not yet. Give it a chance.
If they added PDX-CDG, I would hope they would do it at a different time than the crappy timing for SEA-CDG.

I frequently fly CDG-SEA. But rarely take the nonstop on the return. For the return, I prefer SEA-AMS-CDG (with the 6pm departure in the Summer when there are 2x daily AMS) or SEA-LHR-CDG (in the winter with the 7pm departure, because the only AMS departure is early afternoon).

SEA-CDG departs too early to get much work done in Seattle that day. I'm unable to sleep on the flight and show up in Paris early in the morning, exhausted and unable to think coherently.

The late afternoon departures (6pm to AMS, 7pm to LHR) allow me to get almost a full day of work in SEA, sleep on the flight and get in to Paris at a reasonable time - run a couple errands, go home, have dinner, go to bed and be ready to face the world the next day.

7PM PDX-CDG would work nicely for me. Take a 5pm SEA-PDX then connect to a 7pm PDX-CDG, getting into CDG at 2pm the next day.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Oct 3, 15 at 1:42 pm