FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:00 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I have never been Platinum (tried to requalify for 1K each time), but I would call LH and see what status they show your wife as having in their system now.

I would gather that they would show her as a base level member, but it doesn't hurt to call in and see.

If that is the case, then I would escalate it to United and ask them to reconfirm as to why LH is not recognizing the status.

Remember that most of the time LH lounge staff want to see your actual card. (especially if not on the BP)

(Note that I think that LH shows UA Gold and up as UA*G only...so my previous inference is probably correct)
Thanks SuperFlyBoy. I just called LH and they can indeed see that my wife is UA*G in their systems but they told me that if you don't enter this information at the time of booking, you can't modify it later, ie if you enter the status at OLCI it's not taken into account anymore. Quite disappointing. She'll have to go to the check-in desk to have her BP reissued.