View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:52 am
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jm1991
Amex deals
Renaissance Hotels
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back

I dont think you would be able to buy a gift card though (if they sell them)
The previous Marriott deals i bought a gift card and the credit was applied. This deal it says it excludes gift cards.
Many Amex Offers state that GCs are excluded but it doesn't work that way in practice. I'm continually redeeming Amex Offers for credits on GCs that the T&Cs have supposedly excluded. The only way to see if it works for a particular offer is to check if it has worked for others or be the guinea pig. Will you be our guinea pig?

Originally Posted by orca15
Can either of you explain this? I assumed the Amex deal was the section on the Amex card web page labeled "Amex Offers & Benefits" but I don't see this offer there. The next post looks like something on Twitter- please enlighten.
Originally Posted by bdschobel
This is beyond my technological abilities, unfortunately. I suppose I could pay someone $20 to hook me up, and then we'd each make $20! Probably not worth the trouble.
Super easy, takes one minute:

1) Go here.
2) Sync your Twitter account to the desired Amex card.
3) Tweet the hashtag #AmexRenaissance
4) Amex will tweet you back to confirm sync. Make a $200+ charge from a Reniassance property and if the charge qualifies, a $40 credit will appear in a few days.

That's it!

Advanced:

> The twitter account need not be yours, nor a "real" one... any Twitter account you have login/password access to will work.
> You may use someone else's (spouse, friend, etc.) Amex card, but remember that the synced card will be the one that gets the credit.
> You may only get one credit per card, however, you can sync multiple cards to the same Twitter account (must sync, tweet, unsync, and repeat). So if you have many cards, you may use this offer many times (once per card).
> If your bill is over $400, pay it in $200 increments per Amex card you've added the offer to. This way, a $600 charge could yield $120 (3 x $40) in credits, for example.