FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:37 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by JohnRain
When checking in online for LH flights the BP always showed my UA*G status and said "Priority Boarding". Now, Mrs JohnRain has recently also been approved for the Status Match Challenge and when logging in on united.com it says that she's Premier Gold, but when I checked her in this morning for an upcoming LH flight, the BP says UA*P and the "Priority Boarding" Label is missing.

What does UA*P mean? I figured it might mean "Platinum", but she's only been matched to Gold (as per the united website) and the fact that there's no "Priority Boarding" label on her BP got me confused.

Thanks
A few years ago when I was flying LH very often as a UA*G, if the system did not recognize the elite status (usually had to be manually entered by LH staff upon sighting the FF card), this is what the BP would show.

However, as you have done this all in the LH system (and I assume they have updated their system by now), I would say that UA has either:

1. Not properly upgraded your wife to gold status yet.

2. Possibly given her a Platinum challenge?

or:

3. LH lost connectivity to their *A elite status database - or to United's database - whatever they are using to verify this.

Log into .bomb using your wife's account number and see what it says there, after which, we can probably guide you further.

I would say that if she shows no status on United's site, then might as well give them a call to find out what's going on...