FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:04 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Flew last week to FRA on the 08:20 service. Boarding was the old system, which led to an inevitable scrum.

As an aside, upon boarding the return flight (having been barged out the way by a rather rude Silver* card holder on the bus), I asked him if people could sit anywhere on the aircraft. He looked at me and said "Oh, I presume you are used to travelling Easyjet".

I smiled politely, was greeted by my first name upon boarding the aircraft (by the lovely J who has entertained me on many flights in the past), and plonked myself down into 1D.

Mr Silver was in 2D and asked how I had managed to reserve Row 1, as "that row is only for Gold card holders". J, who was helping 2C with her bags, turned around and advised Mr Silver "Mr Msm2000uk is one of our most frequent flyers, and is both a Gold Guest List card-holder, and one of our even rarer Concorde Card holders".

I sat smugly for the entire flight

*He was holding the silver card with his boarding pass in his hand (no idea why).