FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:04 pm
MPH1980

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I'm always amazed that the airlines do not us technology to enforce the boarding queue(s). The software knows the tiers of people that are on the plane and only allows them on when scanning BPs. It will not move to the next tier until all expected passengers are on. But then again, I bet the agents would have an override option and just not use it as intended...

I just give up at times when boarding planes. And I don't always expect to have a bin above my seat or near by these days regardless of which airline I fly. I just check stuff and bring an honest carry-on item or two and expect to tuck it under the seat in front of me.
But under your plan - what happens when the gold sat in the lounge decides he's going to take his sweet time going from lounge to plane?

For example - I was one of the last to board my flight last week - not because I intended to be - but because I got caught on the hop with early boarding.

If they'd had to wait for me to board - the plane would have ended up delayed. They'd HAVE to have an override to get past that situation, but then when to free it up? The answer would be when the queue is almost empty surely?

At which point - well trained gate staff can handle that!