FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exciting new way to travel in Texas - only two Dallas routes available now
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:25 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'm failing to see what is exciting about this. I'll get excited when there's decent train service between cities in the Texas Triangle.

We're talking about a BUS here. A bus that will be subject to the same crap traffic on I-35 as my private car that I don't have to share with anyone.

From their website:

Our on-board service makes you feel like you're on a private jet...
Dude, you are talking about a BUS. If it doesn't look like a jet, if it doesn't talk like a jet, if it doesn't walk like a jet... Well you know the rest!

Many private jets have no on-board service at all. And that's just fine by the folks who fly on them. They can get their own damn coffee and popcorn or cookies at the FBO before they get on the plane.

...and lets you make the most of your valuable time compared to your peers traveling with one of those cattle-call airlines.
DAL-AUS/HOU on WN takes about an hour of my valuable time. Your overhyped BUS takes at least triple that. With presumably the lousy safety record inherent in the intercity bus industry. At more than double the cost of driving myself.

Meh.

Wake me up when there's decent train service in Texas. Until then, WN will remain king.