FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air China awards not on UA.com (on & off issues), cancelled tkts and other issues
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:31 am
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I'm more than firm that UA is blocking even the impossible, NH.

I was making an booking all summer long trying to match 3 on NH-F. I spent 2 months before I realized what's on UA.com does not match NH. Twice I called UA and both were told no availability.

So no UA is hiding availability that's showing available on Aeroplan and MileageClub.

CA wise all I know is they pulled F awards to T-72 hours.
I see. So someone will still need to try to call and book CA Y or J to find out, is it really blocked, or just not displaying on the site.

I would guess it's not displaying on the site, as there are no CA flights at all, as far as I've seen, not just reduced availability (which is what any Y or J blockage I'd expect to be like; like what DL is doing to KE awards, limiting to 1 seat in J and 2 in Y for all flights, while completely blocking Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays system wide - there is still some availability, just greatly reduced; but united.com now shows no CA at all, which seems more like a "technical issue" than an intentional block).