FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:06 pm
Deckard

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
DUB SNAFU

Flew back from DUB today and a member of ground staff asked me to check my bag in the gauge behind the boarding desks before boarding had even started. My bag fitted fine as I expected but not wishing to DYKWIA her I just complied.

As I returned from the "walk of shame" we asked where we should be queueing. As GCHs we were advised to queue by the window. (This intersects the "priority line" at the beginning). We complied and when boarding was called (Club Europe/ Au/Ag/Br and OW equivalents all at the same time) we merged into the heaving masses.

Someone came steaming from the back of the main queue to berate us for not joining the back of the main queue despite our simply complying with ground staff instructions. Apparently we considered ourselves special, didn't understand queues etc etc. Said gentleman continued with his declamations as we stood on the airbridge waiting to board.

All in all a thoroughly unpleasant experience and to top it all we were somehow nearly 90 minutes late arriving at LHR. The captain was positively grovelling apologies and made sure he was visible at disembarkation...