FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Krisflyer Star Alliance Awards Routing Rules
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:57 am
thexfactor

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
So did the agent want to charge 100 USD stopover fee since it is over 4 hours (and he/she deems it is not a transit)?
Agent didn't even offer that. Just said it had to be two awards, as "a stopover is not allowed on a one-way."

Originally Posted by demue
If they make up rules like that then please publish them. In what world is 4hrs vs. 6hrs connection time a significant difference? Heck without anything published I would argue even 23hrs:59mins is still a transfer and not a stopover. If KF (for *A awards) make up their own rules then publish them for god's sake.

The quality and knowledge of the contact center agents when it comes to bookings like this is already all over the board, so introducing such opaque rules that are not known to the customers makes it even worse. I certainly won't take an agents word that they know what they are doing as numerous past experiences have proven that even a simple mixed cabin redemption on SQ metal only can be miscalculated and messed up if you don't watch out. I would HUACA.

Of course in your specific case I'm assuming SIN-NRT-LAX on SQ is not available as that would be much more convenient (and cheaper miles wise) if LAX is your ultimate destination. Not like 6hrs lends itself for a leisurely hop into NYC and come back to the airport later.
Well, my specific case is actually AMM-FRA-BOS-NYC and was told I cannot have the last leg on this award as it is "more than 4 hours, and as such is a stopover, which is not allowed on a one-way star alliance award."