FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard arriving Fall 2015
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:59 pm
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by physioprof
The TQP benefit is my only reason for bothering with this card. I should reach my first $5000 within a few weeks, and will definitely report back regarding how fast the 1000 TQPs post.
Thanks. My status is unlikely to change this year regardless, since the majority of my traveling occurs in the winter and spring months. I was going to apply for this card ASAP, but I'm going to wait until probably late November/early December to see how the TQP benefit plays out.

Hopefully, everything for you goes smoothly. I would hope that TQPs would be applied as early as the end of the credit card billing cycle, but could see them doing it once per quarter if they were overly concerned about returned merchandise etc.

I am sure they will have to have some mechanism in place to add and remove TQPs based on this benefit. Hopefully, it won't be overly onerous for the customer.

Granted, this is a whole new ball game for AGR, since previously, the only way to earn TQPs was to ride trains and you didn't have to worry about someone UN-riding a train once it had been ridden.