FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11pm Landing at SCL - Transport to city?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:46 pm
466SHH

Just a word about Transvip. I used them from the airport to the hotel, no problem. Booked and paid for a one way, since I was returning from a different hotel about 10 days later.

On my way back, I could not book online and had the concierge at the lounge book it for me over the phone, in Spanish. My Spanish is good enough that I could follow what she was saying but not good enough to be confident booking it on my own. Somehow the booking got mixed up after waiting 30 minutes the bellman at the hotel called for me -- and was reportedly told that the booking had been put in for 6 am not 6 pm. Fortunately my flight was a few hours off so I ended up with a cab to the airport and made it just fine. But I worried all the way.

Not sure just what went awry, or even if the bellman was telling me the truth. But thought I would report it in case you want to set up the return at the airport, where the Transvip staff does seem to speak better English. If you are fluent in Spanish, it may not matter.

Other than that, Transvip was pretty much like taking Supershuttle here in the US.