FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:52 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by WHBM

And so, I promised an OTAAQ question or two. Having been accused of recent ones being too easy  … we’ll have some more “interesting” ones

[1] Palma is the only commercial airport currently here on the island. But right here at Alcudia was once upon a time a notable stopping point for an international service run with 4-engined aircraft. Which airline, and which countries did the route connect ?

[2]. It’s, say, 1970, 45 years ago, and our forebears are making the same trip from London to Palma. What airliners, from which airlines, might they have to choose from ? A real keen type might give which London area airport each operated from.
1. Well, I haven't a clue concerning the airline and the route....but I am willing to bet a flying boat was involved.

2. Hmmmm....perhaps BEA and Iberia operating in cooperation nonstop between Palma and London Heathrow. BEA might have been operating a Comet or Vanguard (and perhaps both types on the route) while Iberia may have been flying a Caravelle on their service.