View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 15, 11:12 am
jlemon

Programs: No longer lowly AA Gold, lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios, minuscule UA miles, former CO Plat
Originally Posted by WHBM View Post
I'm surprised too that it's Braniff, because their own timetables of the era gave no indication of whether flights were coach only; you are just left to assume they all are two class. Here's a page from their April 1982 schedule, for example

http://www.departedflights.com/BN042582p6.html

Now the OAG was always precise about class of service for every flight, so their data would be different. By the way, you don't think that the OAG could have had a typo, do you ? I've come across several over time.

I was very tempted to reply PSA to this one
Well, my goodness..... I continue to learn something new every day!

The timetable excerpt graciously provided by WHBM (welcome home, BTW!) does make reference to BN flights offering either World Class and Texas Class or only Texas Class service with the latter most likely being an all coach type of service, I believe....but I could be wrong about this as well! The cover of this particular timetable makes the following statement: "TEXAS CLASS. A Class Above Coach." So perhaps Texas Class service was a hybrid coach product. This was also near the end of original Braniff International which ceased operations later in 1982. It appears to me that the airline was trying new ways of engendering business in an attempt to survive following deregulation. BN sure embarked upon a dramatic route expansion from 1978 on which I think contributed to their demise.

And the postman has just delivered our tickets to an upcoming concert in Atlanta which we are very much looking forward to at the end of October. We'll fly on Delta Connection LFT-ATL in order to attend this show (which will be staged at an outdoor amphitheater) using just about the last of our DL SkyMiles. The performer? Mark Knopfler, who is one of my favorites.

Last edited by jlemon; Sep 26, 15 at 4:19 pm Reason: additional info