FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:02 am
vibguy

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by rjn21
MAN to LHR today.
First boarding announcement:

"We invite our priority customers to board at this time, being BA executive club gold, silver and bronze and their one world equivalents."

No business uk or graded status level. All passengers permitted through boarding pass inspection irrespective of status (2 of my group boarded next to me and they have no status, without mentioning they were with me.)
No yellow tags at check in or gate. Very obvious oversized hard aluminium wheely cases plus personal bags allowed on with no queries.
Probably 80% load, so no problems.
However, either there is a policy or there isn't. I don't particularly care as my hand baggage tends to be minimal. It would appear to be implemented on a gate agent discretionary rather than a mandatory process.
BA is unable to enforce its own new hand baggage policy and its new boarding procedure. Boarding procedure and hand baggage allowance are now function of local conditions, the load of the plane, the mood of the gate agents. I have the impression that some BA gate agents want to make a statement to their management. For the pax, it is plain inconsistency.