FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dumped in Indy [JAX-ORD, AA diverted and left me at IND]
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:37 pm
lookingforins

Programs: UA GS, AA EP, Marriott Plt
Dumped in Indy

We were delayed an hour in JAX due to a hold in ORD because of weather. Took off got up to Indiana and circled around waiting for the weather to clear. Fuel became an issue and we landed in Indy to refuel. Couldn't get fuel for any number of reasons. Waited another hour. Finally got fuel, but had to wait for new routing. Got the routing but it would take too long and the crew would time out. The gate agent came on the plane and said no new crew, the flight was cancelled, no more seats to Chicago, so don't bother asking, pick up your luggage at the carousel and have a nice day. I rented a car and drove the rest of the way. Sent two notes to AA, and got form letters addressing other issues, the complaint had been reviewed and no further action was deemed necessary, hope to see you again.

I know weather happens. I would like to have the car rental reimbursed, but I can understand if don't. It does not seem unreasonable to ask to refund the ticket, they didn't get me to Chicago.