FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good IRROPS experience with A3
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:08 pm
Swanhunter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good IRROPS experience with A3

There have been storms across the Aegean Sea today. Not a good time to try a 45 minute connection in ATH from HER to the last LHR flight and inevitably the inbound to Crete was delayed by over an hour. However I was pleased with how A3 handled things

* paged in the departure hall and asked to go to landslide ticket desk for rebooking
* offered an overnight in Heraklion and the first flight out connecting to the 0910 to LHR
* I requested to take the delayed flight and overnight in ATH, then fly home. This was granted.
* Sofitel booked for me at Athens, dinner and breakfast
* my voucher upgrade to C was preserved for the Athens to Heathrow sector (was originally booked in Y from HER)
* got to the Sofitel, room ready and meal voucher for the buffet and a bottle of water waiting. Booze not included but that seems perfectly fair

Listening to other passengers I was definitely offered better options - M&B Gold helping out there perhaps? Other people were being rerouted via ATH and MUC on random LH flights.

My first overnight IRROPS in 16 years frequent flying! Very impressed with how A3 handled things. Based on this and the inflight experience they are my favourite airline in Europe.