FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Onto 11th year as a DM
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:32 am
seaskybound

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sebastiansw3
As the Head of Corporate Travel for a large company you'd perhaps expect that I have a different perspective. I would certainly disagree with your view that an individual regularly spending with CX is more valuable than the continued retention of the account belonging to a large company. In terms of corporate travel my department has managed annual spend in excess of US$250M. A significant proportion of that to airlines and a substantial amount to CX alone. That revenue reoccurs year on year and dwarfs individual spending many times over. I expect CX to reward the loyalty of not just my company but also those members of our staff who travel. My department regularly benchmarks satisfaction levels within our staff and I wouldn't hesitate to place a contract on review if colleagues were unhappy in any way.
Sebastian,

can you give a few examples of things you get for your teammates with CX? (for example, new team member in HKG, say mid level gal left NY, could you get her DM right away on the basis she will be 'flying a lot and getting it and should not start from the bottom floor'?