FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:36 am
FonzieBone

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Crowne Plaza Brugge, Belgium

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room w/ points, rec'd junior suite on top floor (view of plaza)

How are the rooms?
Pretty swank. I caught a glimpse inside some of the standard guestrooms and they've clearly been just recently updated. The junior suite looked a little more...decadent, but still very nicely done. Suite had separate WC and shower, dual sinks, and a little makeup/mirror bench for my wife. Living room w/ couch and 2x chairs/coffeetable, TV, Nespresso machine. Bedroom had 2nd TV.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't use.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Got upgraded to the biggest room on the highest floor. Pool was nice and deserted at 7am, great for an early-morning swim. Greeted as Spire, 20% off restaurant voucher. Reception answered the phone by name and in my native language (impressive, that). Restaurant was great.

Bad:
Nothing sticks out. City had a "car free" Sunday so we couldn't leave until 6pm, but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
30,000 pts/night for 2 nights - would totally return considering their standard rate.