FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issue with Status recognition
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:43 pm
Gold Passport Concierge
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

(This is directed towards any and all affected guests, not necessarily just fangtl)

Good Afternoon,

Systems not communicating as they should is one thing, but what you've described is definitely not what is supposed to happen in that case. However rare instances like this may be on the whole, each one is very important to us so we may troubleshoot our tracking/reporting/updating to ensure we're not unnecessarily causing confrontations and headaches with our most frequent guests.

If you were met with anything less than helpfulness when contacting one of our reps, could you please PM us any relevant details when something like this happens so we may investigate and follow up with the appropriate parties? Short term, the most important party to follow up with is the hotel; we need to get you any and all benefits you're due. Long term, we want to prevent it from happening at all.

Safe travels,

Evan V

Originally Posted by fangtl
This has happened on my last three bookings, and just happened to me today!

Because I was still at work, my wife decided to check-in, and even though I am a Diamond and made the reservation as a Diamond, the property had me as Platinum and therefore, denied her all Diamond access.

Called Diamond HGP and the agent couldn't figure it out, she was able to call the hotel to straighten it out but denies there's an underlying issue. All she can say over and over is I show you as a Diamond, there's nothing I can do. Agent lacked any willingness to dig further, and gave me an attitude over the phone. It was definitely one of the poorest interactions I have had with the the Diamond line.