FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi {ARE} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:44 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a 1 night stay here last week on my way to South Africa as I had a 1 night layover in Abu Dhabi. If you're interested you can find a full Trip Report in that forum...

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi

Room booked: Standard King
Room received: Superior Suite, room 901
Price paid: 325 AED ($89)

I arrived at the Hilton, which to my surprise had an Aston Martin DB9 just sitting in the lobby for no apparent reason. At check in, I was told they had upgraded me to a Superior 1 br suite and hoped I would enjoy it. Breakfast would be in the lounge in the morning.

Not bad at all for one night...

Exec lounge closes at 9 pm, so I just missed checking it out. Spent the couple hours in the evening catching up on emails/the internet and had a couple cups of tea courtesy of the electric kettle in the room.

After a good 5 hrs of sleep (and trying to adjust to the time) I was up around 5am. Went for breakfast in the lounge at 6:30 and it was empty. The lounge attendant made me a cappuccino and said I could order an omelet in addition to the full buffet. Given the really sad looking scrambled eggs I took him up on his offer and the omelet was pretty good. Selection definitely was decent for a lounge breakfast.

Post breakfast - checked out and took a cab back to the airport. Cab fare to the airport was 40 AED. For cab fare from the airport, add 20 AED, because the meter base fare from the airport is 25 AED vs. 3.50 anywhere else.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Sep 20, 2015 at 7:58 am