Old Sep 18, 15, 1:20 pm
bribro

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by bribro View Post
I just applied for this card a 2nd time. Had my 1st M&M card open for a year and closed it a few months ago (June, I think). After hitting submit on the app Barclays pulled my credit and I got the following message:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted. Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days."

Uh oh. Decided to go for it and called up recon since this 50k offer supposedly expires on August 31st. Exchanged pleasantries with the CSR then she put me on hold to review things, came back after 5 minutes, congratulated me on having "pristine credit by Barclays' standard" then approved me for $10k (a little low compared to my other cards, by whatever). No mention of my previous M&M card that I closed just a few months ago.

My application landing page did have the following language: "This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only." I'll report back if/when the bonus miles actually post.
The 55k miles posted to my M&M account today, one day after the statement close. Just a data point reconfirming that this card is indeed churnable, despite the "first-time cardmember only" language.