FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:00 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
So I did this this morning for the no-fee ED card, incognito, 25K points, and it worked.

This was the penultimate step in my choreography:

-- Get the Plat and pocket 100K points
-- Buy $200 of gift cards in Dec.; another $200 in Jan.; get reimbursed $400 in total
-- Wait for transfer bonus to Avios; duly transfer 100K points in Jan. and get 140K Avios
-- Wait for ED card bonus to go up to 25K; get the card; wait 48 hours for accounts to 100% link-up and so preserve my points in perpetuity (I have 5K points still at Amex)
-- Kill the Plat before the fee is due (this is where I am now in the process)
-- Cash in the Avios for 20k/round trip tickets to the East Coast/West Coast from DFW (haven't done this yet)

So that's what I've learned on Flyer talk. That and get the Prestige Card. I did call this afternoon to confirm the 25K offer for me actually works. Also, to clarify the above, I'm a committed AA "hub captive" flyer, whence the emphasis on Avios as my points "exit."
Well played sir or madam, well played. I also stand ready to cancel my platinum now that I have the ED to preserve my MR points.