FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday ruined due to Etihad
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:43 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ashokparam12
I know that baggage does get lost at times, and that's something we have to live with.However, whenever it has happened to us in the past in British Airways, American Airlines and Lufthansa; there was always a person contactable and giving us reliable information. Also the baggage was delivered by the same or latest, the next day.

2 days is an average time for this kind of issue. You need to remember that there is a big logistic behind this and the company may not be the one performing ground tasks and reroute your luggages to the next plane, and also they often use services of mailing companies for the delivery from airport to your hotel/home (which again can extend your issue)

My two similar cases were with lufthansa and airfrance

Lufthansa delivered the luggage the 30 hours after the flight to my home , as promised , and i was quite lucky cause i had another flight few hours later. AirFrance took 4 days to bring me back my luggage , this time they removed the locker , and when i checked some items were missing (shampoo and alcohol)

40 dollars per day is quite nice as a compensation, and as irishguy said , take everything important in your hand luggage , except forbidden items , and also some clothes for 2/3 days.