FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Paris (reopened June, 2016)
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:43 pm
Pierre&Cédric

We just come back from the special visit organised by Amex. I expected the hotel to be pretty much in its final work phase but I was quite surprised that it is still in the hard hat phase. Difficult to imagine that first guests will stay next March (they are even trying to open the first rooms/suites for Valentine's Day).

I don't remember everything precisely but these are the main information they gave us:
- 142 rooms among which 50% suites
- Chanel spa (first in the world) between 1,500 to 1,800 sqm on 2 floors
- 5 buildings connected together
- still 580 workers on site rushing to finish everything on time

We saw 4 room types => Grand Deluxe Room, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Suite, and a new category of rooms/suites on the second floor (they don't know yet how they will be called) with balconies over the main garden. Some of these new suites will have stairs leading to a private roof top terrace. There will be 4 of this kind.

The deluxe suite was not so great (not very bright and small bedroom). I much preferred the deluxe junior suites with plenty of natural light. The room with the balcony over the garden was the best option with a stand alone bathtub and a large shower. I didn't like the grand deluxe room which felt small despite the official size.

We also visited some public areas => the lobby, Salon Cesar Ritz, Salon Proust where afternoon tea will be served (with madeleines instead of scones) and the various dining locations.

The decor will remain Ritz style, not my taste, but everything has been reconstructed so the final result shall be stunning.

Originally Posted by DavidO
NEW: here's a short film Ritz Paris has posted.
The room you can see briefly in this video is one of the new rooms with a balcony over the garden.

Last edited by Pierre&Cédric; Sep 17, 2015 at 3:57 pm