FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:36 am
3rdworldresident

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by carmy
Another one adding to the chorus of beautiful hardware and inconsistent service.

I won't talk about the hardware which everyone is well aware of, but just a few petty complaints.

Nobody came around to help with the bags at arrival. This is one of the few instances where I would actually have appreciated help because I was travelling with my mom and there are quite a few steps entering the hotel, and also to the lift lobby.

Check-in agent seemed a little grumpy and eager to get rid of me. I tried making some small talk about how beautiful the hotel is, and she just responded "yes, everybody seems to say that."

Asked for directions the night of check-in at the concierge, and he started his sentence with a sigh and "Well as I told you last night..." I know all Asians look the same, but was the sigh really necessary?

Breakfast was a bit of a joke, with nobody ever clearing plates and drinks taking ages to arrive. It was crowded all three mornings I was there, but still I felt the service could do with a lot of polishing.

The guy manning the spa was really helpful, and happily took us around for a tour of the pool and sauna.

Having said all that, I would still happily give this property a five star rating on Tripadvisor. I received an amazing upgrade to what must be the most beautiful suite I've ever stayed in, so would still certainly return anytime.
thanks for very useful and update info.

i have upcoming stay here in early november.

I'm asian too. Should i be prepared to the not-up-to-park-hyatt-standard service?

btw, i have backup booking at the ritz-carlton too.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Sep 17, 2015 at 12:34 pm