FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:30 pm
hazzardgal

I initially booked my certs for a Chicago trip I ended up not taking. Almost caused me a problem - I called less than 24 hours in advance to cancel and the CSR told me the hotel had a right to charge my cc for the first night if I wasn't there to give them the cert in person. Fortunately the hotel waived the cancellation fee. I would have been flying standby and while I was on hold, I had the thought that it would be cheaper for me to fly to Chicago, turn in one cert for the first night, then turn around and fly home. Fortunately that didn't have to happen - I'm not cut out to be a mileage runner!!

I was able to rebook for the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and stayed last weekend. No trouble using the certs, although they seemed a little confused about collecting them. I had some plumbing issues over the weekend so got my other stay expenses comp'd. I've never stayed in a Hyatt Place before and found it satisfactory. Would be a very convenient hotel for sporting events.

I haven't had to go shopping for toiletries since January - this promo had made me aware how much time that has saved me over the past 6 months!