Old Sep 14, 15, 6:48 am
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Has the refugee crisis in Europe impacted your travel plans?

Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum, if appropriate.

This is not meant to be a political thread (we already have one going in OMNI/PR). I am wondering whether people have altered their travel plans, and if so, how, in light of Europe's current refugee crisis.

We are off to Austria, Germany, and Italy at the end of this month (I know, I know). I had proposed going to Budapest for a couple of days, but it turned out to be impractical this time. Turned out, we dodged a bullet. We will be traveling mostly by train.

We expect our trip to be a bit of a cluster. Nothing we can't manage, but not the usual Europe in fall by train trip by any stretch of the imagination.

What have we changed? Well, we were supposed to take a train back from Rome to FRA the day before our flight home, then spend the night at an airport hotel. This suddenly did not seem like a good idea (long trip, many of the options going through Munich, too many of the others involving extremely short transfer times). So we are flying back to FRA. A bit on the expensive side, but oh, well.