FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loved the E175 PDX-STL! Problems with STL staff and in-flight power though
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:47 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
I just filled out the Alaska Listens survey on the above topics.

Flew PDX-STL RT on the E175 and was thrilled by the trip. Love the new planes... very roomy, clean, lots of legroom (was in 1A but coach looked good too), bags fit in the overhead bin, smooth flight, and overall great experience. There were two negatives though.

1) Apple devices do not work with the E175 inflight power chargers. There is a black spring that pushes the charger out so that it doesn't work. Laptop charger worked fine. Other F passengers had same issue so it appears to be a unit problem and the FA/captain were going to address with maintenance.

2) Had to train the STL ticket agent (probably not AS badged) on MVP Gold benefits. Co-worker traveling with me so I asked agent if there was an U space available. When she said yes I asked her if she could please upgrade my friend. After handing him the upgraded BP she asked for a credit card for $176 for the upgrade. I had to explain companion upgrades to her for Gold. She took my word for it but was very puzzled. Passengers should not have to train airport staff on airline procedures.

Overall, very pleased with the ability to have thin non-stop routes from PDX with the E175. Great job AS!
Thanks for this report! I virtually always fly AA (and now US as well since the merger), but since I frequently fly to the west coast from STL, I'm interested in the AS nonstops to SEA and PDX. I just flew the STL-SEA flight and was fairly pleased with the F product, which was certainly on par with AA/US, if not better in a few respects.

I was aware of the STL-PDX route addition this summer, but I haven't flown it personally, and this is the first report I've seen. Is it true though that there's no F meal on a flight of this length?

BTW, when I checked in for my flight to SEA, there was only one AS agent at the counter, and he appeared to be a contract worker. He didn't seem very familiar with the system and had some difficulty just printing a boarding pass, so I'm not surprised to hear about problems with something more complicated like a companion upgrade.