FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sir, here is your Muslim Meal.
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:50 pm
Zulazai

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Many airlines offer curry dishes, and not just ME/Indian/Asian airlines. I've seen it on several British Airways flights offered in all cabins....and it's often the BEST choice on the menu (and delicious!) You can call me rude or obnoxious all day, but it's not going to stop me from ordering the curry!
I concur. I swear the portions are huge compared to other foods and I have seen this many times. Besides you also get portions of regular meal too like a bun, or a bagel, along with condiments + fruits. Not to mention you get your meal before others. All in all its not a bad choice for me.

Originally Posted by mikeef
I actually thought about what would happen if a flight attendant told me, "Here's your Jewish meal," and I had a hard time not bursting out laughing. And while I'm sure that non-Muslims do order the meal, I don't think the FA was being disrespectful.

As to the couple you were talking with, if they really feared you because you were TWB, they aren't worth the energy you put into this post. Bigots are everywhere.

Mike
No no, nothing against the FA. Infact she was quite courteous. I also dont really hold against the passengers either. Who knows what experiences they had to form this opinion. My issue is with just the terminology of Muslim meal when it should be renamed something else by keeping religion out.