FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi retention offer reports (All cards) [2014 - 2015]
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:55 pm
bobert24

Originally Posted by air360
Citi AA Exec:
I've had the card for one year and my annual fee will likely post tonight. I called in to convert the card to the double cash and the (very nice) woman said that they were temp. not allowing conversions because the TOS for the card were being redone and I would be allow to convert it on Nov 2. She said they have had multiple people who wanted to convert and told me that they were taking this into account. She told me to go ahead and pay the 450 and that when I call to convert on Nov 2 than I can still be refunded the fee even though it would be past the normal time frame of refunding it. I made sure to get her name and ensure the call was being recorded so that i could refer back to it if i needed it. has anyone else encountered this when trying to convert the citi exec lately? She said she made note on my profile that I called to ensure that i feel into their "exception" for converting and still getting refunded the fee. Just wanna make sure she is not crazy lol.
Yes, they're changing some of their T&C for multiple cards - I know several of us got the same story on our Platinum cards over the past few weeks, and I got a letter in the mail confirming those changes a week or two ago.

Also, they don't really advertise it, but if you convert a card after the AF has posted, they do give you a prorated refund of your AF. It's not as good as the full refund (which you should still get, of course), but it's nice to know that this backup is there.