FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1A and 1K in First - Gold/Silver
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:38 pm
dolfinco

Originally Posted by scillyisles
1A and 1 K on the A380 have one advantage in that they are very private. There are however quite a few disadvantages namely
- they are both next to the front toilets the bulkhead of which is at your feet. You will most probably feel and hear the toilet flushing. You might also be disturbed by passengers coming and going to the toilet.
- they are both next to understairs cupboards that are used extensively by the crew during the flight which can be disruptive. On every BA A380 I have flown the latches on these cupboards rattle incessantly which can also be disruptive to sleep.
- on one A380 we flew, the cabin crew were using a curtained off area in front of 1A during the night for fairly loud discussions which my other half had to get up and ask them to be quiet.
Overall, the better seats in F on an A380 are 2A and 3A or 2K 3K if you want a window view or the central ones if you do not care.
I believe you will be allowed access to the Concorde Room in Singapore based on your incoming flight being in F - you would most probably have to show them your boarding card.
You will not need to clear customs at Singapore but will need to clear security as all security at Singapore is at the boarding gate.
All passengers from the incoming BA15 from London have to deplane at Singapore.
thanks for that info. Going to have a look at 3K now to see if still available. ^