FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inside Flyer Magazine to stop publishing [relaunches online Q4/2015]
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:12 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Raffles
I do genuinely find the BA home page the single best place to go online for an 30 second overview of what is going on.

I wasn't thinking of Milepoint when I made my comment - it was worth a try though, you can't blame them for trying.
Milepoint helped keep Randy Petersen in the game a bit more than may have otherwise taken place; and that in itself may have been very useful for D/G/P to get a bigger piece of this loyalty program pie than they would otherwise land. I was hoping Milepoint would succeed (and in some way it may have), but I was pretty sure that MP wouldn't be able to be a content leader since critical mass was already on FT and would be difficult to reach on MP.

I agree in full with the notion that the bigger money from loyalty program/travel coverage is to be had by diversifying into a broader market segment than just those fishing for the lowest CPM travel to maximize miles/points earned from travel for travel.