FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:11 am
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No, the point is that you can earn Starpoints from spending in *some* Starwood hotel restaurants even if you're not staying there. The rule about whether you could do a room charge at that restaurant or not is a way to distinguish restaurants that are part of the hotel and those that operate out of space leased from the hotel. In at least some jurisdictions, not that purchases of alcohol would not count for the $10 or earn any points.

SQ redeemable miles have a hard expiration date, IIRC three years after they were earned/credited to the account.

Somewhat OT, but several years ago BestBuy had a frequent buyer program with points expiring at the end of the calendar year in which they were earned. I haven't purchased anything there since then, so I don't know whether there's still a program with the same rules.
Ah, ok, makes sense. And BestBuy still does have that frequent buyer program and yes, their points expire - thank you for reminding me! I have it and I totally forgot about it and i probably have some points there that will expire soon.