FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scavenger Hunt: Cheapest non-mistake online room rate anywehere, anytime
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:14 pm
chunky649

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by bfernand
My enquiry has nothing to do with the OP's 'plan'. I would simply like to compare, in one search transaction, all rates from a specified chain in a location for a fixed date. For instance, if I will be in Rome from 10-12 November, I would like to compare rates of all Hilton properties during that period. Rates from Hilton as well as other competing OTAs. But I want to be able to filter out results from all other hotel chains or independent hotels. Is there any online tool for this?
The chain-specific websites would let you do exactly that... and generally speaking, give you the lowest price (not counting cashback and coupons).

Or are you looking for something with less work? I.e. ONE website that lets you search various chains with only a small change in search parameter? Unfortunately, my experience is that the major ones (hotels.com, Orbitz, etc.) will let you put in keywords, but often don't show the same availability as the chain-specific websites. Worse, the price may not be as competitive, so you are not comparing apples to apples.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to find an efficient way to plan your travel, or doing some 'research', but when I travel, I do exactly that - I search my 3 main chain-specific websites (Hilton, Marriott, ICH) for a city/region on points redemption, then I search 2-3 generic hotel booking sites (varies depending on country and current active promos+coupons).