FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:51 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craz
since that poster mentioned using and paying off their Chase SAP CC, I take it you have been doing the same with a Chase CC and never had any problems? Awhile back some folks ran into trouble with Chase as they knew exactly what they were up to since they paid it off as youre suggesting and were shut down So please confirm that you are buying tons of GCs with a Chase CC and paying it off with the likes of a BB ,RC or serve and havent had any problems
I will not say that I have specifcally done this scenario on Chase only. However, this is no different than going to Simon Mall, buying GCs with Chase, and then going to WM to do billpays which I have done many times. I suspect that the issue you refer to may have more to do with loading Serve with Chase, i.e. $1k to $1.5k and then directly paying that exact amount back. I know some are scared of this. My sister though did exactly that for months with no AA and that's the most she spent on that card at any time.

Not to mention that Chase is finicky anyways. There is no "safe" thing to do or not to do other than not doing all 5x in Office stores on Ink lol. As always though, don't do more than 1x your CL in a month and do other spend on the card. At $5k/month only though, OP would be at the lower end of the MS totem pole. Also, I wouldn't suggest to just send a straight $5k if that's the worry. Spread it out a little, send $1k and then $2k, and $1.5k, etc.

Last edited by cdancer20; Sep 9, 2015 at 9:00 am