FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTom111

For folks who use hertz, they also have a triple points promo going on as well if you register. My company makes me use their own codes which means I wouldn't get this, but I can get the triple points which isn't too shabby.

Originally Posted by Cargojon
Hmph, just completed my Hertz rental yesterday and noticed today they slapped me with a $13.99 refueling charge even though I fueled up right before return. After I fight with them about it, it's back to National for me.
Under 75 miles, and you need to explicitly tell them you filled up the car or they assume you didn't, even if the fuel gauge shows F. Shady I know but that's the assumption they make. Shouldn't be hard to have them remove it with a phone call?

Originally Posted by cblaisd
While the link in the email takes you to United's car rental site, the only thing the email says is

I've used the current promo codes for the 1K bonus that's been around the last few months on Hertz's site and the bonus was speedily awarded. So I am thinking this will be similar.

I was able to put in the CDP and PC on the regular Hertz site

Here you go:

My question is this: I have a two-day rental booked 9pm to 9pm, but I know I will be needing to bring the car back at more like 5pm. I wonder if it will still count for the 5K promo?
It will not unless the dates show more than 2 days. I got nailed like this before too. It needs to be over 48 hours for the computer to pick it up. I was able to call into customer service and have them fix it, but I had to call twice as the first person refused, even though I was charged for 2 days.

Last edited by J.Edward; Sep 9, 2015 at 8:22 am Reason: Merge