FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-country Prepaid Mifi/Wireless Hotspot Solution
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:59 pm
MDWCommuter

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tlvancouver
My husband is traveling in the US and Greece, I set it up here in Canada and it worked but he has not been able to get a connection his entire trip

There's not much to connecting to a wifi connection, so there's not a lot of "operator error" concerns. It simply won't show up in the wifi listings (perhaps it's not finding a network), but it's been useless.
Well, I blinked and cancelled my Kickstarter before the cutoff date. Ultimately I could never find consistent reviews for the G1, most people who complained had the problem you've described here. And maybe the G2 will be a better product, but I don't want my around the world trip to be where I find out that it isn't.

So I'm back to plan B which is to buy an unlocked mifi and buy SIM cards along the way. The deciding factor was that most trips we take aren't around the world, so while it will be a pain to find SIMs on this one trip, most trips will be a matter of finding one or two SIMs, which is much less of a hassle.