FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Head for Points thoughts on AC 767 J
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:02 am
jaysona

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I agree it's a matter of taste. I prefer the 787 seats too.

But he said that it gave him one of the worst sleeps and he attributed it to the seats. I'm sorry but if he were on a HD I'd sympathize but.... Really? Classic pods like that on AC have been used in many airlines and were the envy of many

Worst sleep? I can think of many airlines that have worse seats causing worse sleep....
"The layout is odd. Facing away from the window and into the wall (which had some interesting stains on it) was a bit discomforting." & "The seat felt narrow"

I would tend to agree with the worst sleep statement and the narrow seat statement. I have never had a good sleep in the pods. The sleeping was so bad that I got to the point where I would always ask to be moved to a window seat in Y so I could sleep all night, and finally I just stopped flying AC TATL/TPAC all together.

You're right when you say there are worse out there, and there are much better too!

Classic J pods I avoid at all costs, Rapidair on those planes, ya, I'll suffer the hour in J if I have to, but I'd rather be in a Y seat on those planes if at all possible.

Originally Posted by D404
Yeah, that was a bit hyperbolic... It also gives me the feeling he rarely flies Y.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it is hyperbolic, and as for not flying Y very much just makes the review all the more genuine - if the J cabin experience of multiple carriers is indeed what the comparison is being made to. ^