FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "We're sorry" status of cards onboard.
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:51 am
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I'm not looking to make life more miserable for UA but the "tough luck" and go pound salt response I got after asking for a review again really upset me. I'm going to look at the DOT form if this is going to be their canned response.
My experience has been that if I bring up a problem, the airline wants to fix me. I want the problem solved; they want to give me miles. I decline the miles and point out that "sorry" is premature until the problem's fixed, we eventually come back to more miles. As long as the complaint system is geared to evangelizing me rather than fixing the problem, I'm not interested in playing. I use the DOT.

The DOT doesn't do anything other than compile complaints, send them to the airline and distribute them go the media. Media outlets get interested if an airline gets a spike of complaints or something unusual occurs. My experience is that enough DOT complaints get the attention of the airline; it gets someone on the phone interested in discussing the problem rather than trying to titrate the exact free mileage dose that will shut me up.

Use the DOT; it gets results.