FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No catering on YYT-EWR - Ongoing issue?
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:23 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I wrote 1K Voice and copied the current head of customer care. Also Twitter. I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing, especially since it seems to be regular.

I'll likely dual file complaints with the FTC and DOT, if I don't see resolution. This was, indeed, false advertising.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Baffling.

How is YYT as a tourist destination? Is it worth visiting on the summer seasonal service (and is there anything to see in the winter / is it reliable enough on regional jets to even try?).
It was really lovely and is well worth visiting. The winters are pretty harsh, though I'd imagine the scenery is still nice, and I'm pretty sure it is reasonably reliable.

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Not to veer too OT but I'm actually surprised the service isn't seasonal the other way around (taking folks out of NL southbound connections -- think westjet runs straight to MCO in the winter).

St. John's is also a nice little town so a flight a day isn't crazy and I'm sure they're picking up yield on business travelers (check out AC's total seatcount).

Reliability should improve once the CAT III is completed.
YYT seems to have a lot of business traffic, and especially locals commuting to work in other places. It seems to me that the United service is more aimed at US O&D, and the number of NY/NJ accents I heard suggest to me that they do a fair bit of EWR O&D tourist traffic. I would imagine the winter service thrives on YYT locals.

Originally Posted by riphamilton
i've been eyeballing this flight in order to get to st pierre and miquelon. always wanted to visit that 'part' of france.
You can do that from YUL or YHZ as well. In fact, I think YHZ may be the most efficient way of doing it.