FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unannounced schedule change - what are my options?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:44 pm
XLR26

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
They SHOULD be able to protect your upgrade. Do you have any status? Unless you can confirm the upgrade request timestamp on the new reservation will be retained (and speak to a supervisor to explicilty confirm) I would not take a 'no'. HUCA (hang up call again) if you dontge the right answer ("let me think about this- Ill call back")
Yes, I'm ExPlt. First call I got a "no", but the agent did allow me to move my outbound flight to GIG by 2 days without any re-fare / change fees. ^

I called back a little later and the next agent had me re-booked through MIA on the return flight with the upgrade protected - took her all of 60 seconds tops to make the change and assign me seats. And I get the added bonus of a 763 from MIA-ORD.

I also asked the second agent about not getting notice re the schedule change - I've now had two on this reservation. She said there've been a ton of schedule changes with merger of the res systems and to watch my reservations closely over the next several months.

Last edited by XLR26; Sep 5, 2015 at 10:55 pm