FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 12 days in Peru and Easter Island trip, does this itinerary work?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:48 pm
dlffla

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
You're packing a lot into the time you have. For Lima, you're arriving very late and if flight is delayed, it's even later. By the time you get to hotel you'll probably be bushed. I'd take it easy that first day in Lima, maybe limiting yourself to hanging around Mira Flores. I haven't been there for a few years so don't have good recommendations. The Sanctuary Lodge was great. On Easter Island, I ate in an excellent restaurant a few months ago called Tatako Vave on Muelle Hanga Pike (phone 56-32 2551544). Pleasant outdoor seating and of course the excellent seafood Chile has. It is near the Hanga Roa hotel (which is a great place to stay, quiet but walking distance to the little town). In Santiago, I'm not sure which winery you're going to. There are several not too far away. However, there is a lot to do in the city itself from the main market to museums to parks. Since your flight leaves late on day 12, you could rent a car or take a tour to Valparaiso (not sure I spelled that right) and stop at a winery on the way. However, I'd stay in Santiago. I have a couple of days in Chile at the end of a business trip next month and am thinking of doing exactly that.