FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard arriving Fall 2015
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:13 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by ohmark
So goodbye to the Chase MC benefit of non-expiring AGR points. And BOA???
Are you asking whether the new card will also suspend points expiration? If so, yes--the AGR website says that explicitly.
Yes, but as I already asked AGR Insider Anthony above (but no reply yet), what hasn't been explained is:

1. Will the BofA card be available sufficiently before Sep 30 that one could have it opened by the time the Chase card stops being an AGR card?

2. If not, will Amtrak suspend expiration (for previous Chase AGR cardholders) for some time after Sep 30 until the BofA card is available?

That's my concern: That there might be a gap between Sep 30 (when the Chase card stops being an AGR card) and when the BofA card is available, and that Amtrak's glitchy system somehow starts expiring points in the meantime!

(There are multiple reports in other threads of people without the card transferring points into AGR only to find those transferred points expired in less than a month after that. So I don't trust AGR expiration very much, other than with the card.)

I'd be nice if they'd take the part about points not expiring until N years of non-activity and implement that NOW, rather than waiting until January, to cover any possible timing gap between Chase and BofA cards.