FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:49 am
milehighj

Can't change FFP number on AA.com?

I made a booking on Travelocity.com with an itin starting with EK sectors followed by AA sectors (op. by BA).

The first surprise, having made this exact kind of booking before, was that Travelocity only allowed the input of specifically EK and AA FFP numbers, whereas in the past I was able to input my BAEC number without a problem.

Nonetheless I then was able to retrieve the booking on AA.com, but am still unable to change the FFP number (which was greyed out), and carries only my EK number which is meaningless in this case. Again, the last time I did this journey I seem to recall being able to amend FFP details on AA.com.

The third surprise is that I've actually called AA reservations and had them input by BA number (at which point the agent overwrote the EK number). I now see the correct BA number on AA.com, but the booking still hasn't ported over to BA.com (which, again, it did in the past).

Not that I'm overly bothered, but it's nice to have the FFP details in place and reduce the possibility of missing mileage claims later...

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 1, 2015 at 11:19 am Reason: Restore original post title