FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:33 pm
IcHot
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I just finished a stay at this hotel. The rooms are all suites. The 5th floor is designated as the executive floor, the 4th floor is the HHonors floor. The front desk told me that essentially all the rooms are the same though, either 1 king or 2 double beds being the only practical distinction. We arrived late so no upgrade to the executive floor was offered as they were fully booked.

I found the suite arrangement to be nice with doors to the bathroom from both the bedroom and living room. The room had a power outlet on both night stands as well as the desk so there was no need for extension cords. The bedroom window opened which was nice since I could turn the air conditioning off and just let the breeze cool the room that way. The in-room coffee and tea were drinkable. Water pressure in the showers was decent but it took a long time to warm the shower up on the 4th floor.

The fitness center is small but overlooks the pool so at least you have something besides a wall to stare at. The pool goes from 3-5 feet so it's very family friendly. The executive lounge was a bit disappointing in that it was located in the interior of the hotel and so lacked windows. Full breakfast was offered as a diamond and included eggs, bacon, sausage and waffles. There was some cereal and other cold offerings as well. Tip was not included and was added to my room bill at check-out. They offered only drip brew coffee, no espresso drinks but did have mild or juice available as well.

You will definitely need a car to get around but the downtown Auburn Hills area is just a few miles down the road and you can get anything you really need from the 24 hour Meijer which is just a few miles away.
I had forgotten that I asked.

We had a pleasant stay back in January. I don't remember using the Executive lounge. Breakfast was full as you described. Rooms were nicely laid out. Had a great view of the Chrysler HQ.

We are going again in December.