FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be at the gate AT LEAST 30 min before departure?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:03 am
Iamhappy

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Well in LHR don't they have 30 minutes conformance? That will override e-ticket.

It's both a cost saving initiative and a CYA initiative too. Hong Thai has been sending pax to airport 3 hours before departure for some time on similar motivations. Another unequal term (we don't get a refund if the flight is >3 hours late).
Agree, LHR is not an agent, employee or representative of the carrier and hence I guess they have the authority AUTHORITYto alter, modify or waive any provision of the contract (i.e. asking you to be at the gate 30 mins before departure). With LHR being 1 of the many outports served by KA/CX, I guess they are not supposed to use a blanket rule for all flights. So if another port decides passengers should be at the gate 45 minutes before departure, I don't think it will make sense for KA/CX to change all the BPs to show 45 minutes.

If one was on a holiday with Hong Thai, as long as Hong Thai has provided him/her with the transportation/accommodation/meals and have taken him/her to the tourist attractions stated in the brouchure (with reasonable deviations for traffic/weather/others), I guess he/she will not have much say when they arrive 3 hours at the airport before departure.