FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017]
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:44 am
bhamsan01

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Any luck getting matched to 60k TY offer for Premier?

Applied and was instantly approved for the Premier card on 8/4 that offered 50k TY points for $3k/3 mo. Already hit over $3k through MS, but first month billing statement hasn't closed. Tried today to get a match to the 60k TY points offer for $3,500/3 mo that seems to be exploding all over the twitterverse and blogosphere with no luck.

Also expressed disappointment and was more or less told that there's nothing that can be done since this was not the offer when I applied. Also argued that I wouldn't want to apply for any cards with Citi in the future if I never know when a better offer might come around. Even tried to leverage my 11 year relationship with Citi (have over $60k CL with them), hoping they might throw me a bone with some bonus points (1k at least?) if they couldn't match, but no luck there either.

I understand their logic, as Citi doesn't really have to offer anything at all. I'm pretty happy with the 50k offer and plan on using this card regularly, but obviously 60k is better if available.

For those who recently applied for the 50k offer, anyone have any luck getting Citi to match? I know Chase is great about matching, and Citi is hit or miss.

Last edited by bhamsan01; Aug 28, 2015 at 9:53 am