FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - STPC guangzhou (China Southern)
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:15 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
[QUOTE=Shaun_Mel15;25339352]@ tris06 Since you live in China or may have passed over Guangzhou so can you please advise me about the night time market opening hours and whats the cheapest and yet safest mode of transport to china market at the Evening from hotels ? Thanks

Well I have tried both hotels CZ usually sends passengers depending on if your flying business class or economy/PE.

If your flying Business class you will be at the Pullman hotel. Which is close to the airport and also a 3-5min walk to the metro.

Most places in guangzhou close down by 10pm. There is no night market to speak of but you can take the train to a shopping centre (you can ask hotel staff) or take the train to the riverside (pearl river in the city centre which is quite nice at night if you want to absorb the atmosphere(Zhujiang New Town)5min walk towards canton tower direction past the US embassy.

Trains will take atleast 30-35mins each way to get to the city centre.

If your in economy or Prem economy then likely they will send you to the Gloria Hotel, which is nice enough considering its free.
But its not near much apart from a KFC downstairs. If you want to go to the city centre then you would need to take the taxi.

I never did when I was at the Gloria hotel because when you only have 12-14hrs between flights its best to get a good night sleep.

Also reminder, make sure your travel agent has organised the hotel with CZ. If your not going through an agent then you need to ring CZ to organise before you depart.